Friday, February 6, 2009

A Little Bit of Heaven




This is one of my favorite places.

The grocery store! Not necessarily this grocery store in particular... but grocery stores in general. They sell wonderful things... magical ingredients with which to make mystical delights!

Unlike a store like Wal-mart or Target.. these stores specialize in one thing... food! So there's fewer people, fewer distractions and less chance of your family driving you crazy. Actually there are times I don't mind Wal-mart.. but they generally involve me being there alone at a slow time of day.

Anyway.. back to the stores of heavenly delights. Grocery stores are simply wonderful places. There you can find fresh food of every description, spices, meats, fish, vegetables and all sorts of odds and ends. I don't particularly like going on a weekly or bi-weekly trip to the grocery store. I like to go on small daily trips.

That way you get only what you need.. that day! You don't buy things you don't need.. thinking you're going to use them 'next' week. You get only what you're actually going to use for dinner today, or tomorrow.

I think it saves money.. enables you to use fresher food and plan a meal with more variety.

Of course.. all of this is predicated on the assumption that you like to cook. Luckily I do. Maybe I'll talk about that in a later blog.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. Going to the right grocery store can be very theraputic , perhaps even akin to a religious experience. I know I need help. :P

    ReplyDelete