Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Dog's Life


I posted this in gigantic size so that you can clearly see the 'Snackin' Slices', artfully posed in front of our dog Charley here.

Yesterday I was sick, and Donna went to Conroe to pick up some things for the dogs. While she was there I got hungry and started thinking about soup. We didn't really have any soup left in our own pantry so I called her on the phone.

"Sure thing sweetie!", she said as she hung up.

Since she was in Target when I called she got the soup there. It wasn't the exact sort I wanted, but hey at least I got soup right? I was happy just to have soup.

Until today.

I saw what the dogs got. Stacks of some sort of custom soft dogfood, "It was on sale!", she told me when I noticed.

"But I wanted Chicken and Rice soup and I got noodles, and you only got me 4 cans!", I whined. "The dogs got 16 cans!"

"They didn't have chicken and rice soup at Target, and you're not seriously jealous of dogfood are you?" She's grinning at me now.

You drove 30 miles to a specialty pet store to get their food. I thought to myself jealously. But oh well... she's right... its silly to worry about pet food.

Half an hour later, I wander into the kitchen... and there I see what appears to be a bag of dried fruit! "Oooooohhh!" I coo happily to myself. "That sounds just peachy!" I picked up the bag, but to my chagrin, it was a bag of some other sort of special dog chew treats (see picture above).

"Honey!!!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry this is typical male thought patterns. I could so see Alfred thinking exactly something like this. However, I assure you Donna does love you much more than the dogs! :p

    ReplyDelete